The Minister of Higher Education has launched entrance examinations for the selection of 20 pupil interpreters and 70 translators into the Advanced School of Translators and Interpreters of the University of Buea , to read for an MA in Interpretation and an MA in Translation. The entrance examination will be written on 3 and 4 September 2009 in Buea only.
Candidates are Cameroonians with any first degree or its equivalent. Applications must arrive at the University of Buea , P.O. Box 63 or Ministry of Higher Education, on or before 15:00 pm on Friday 21 August 2009.
- FCFA 1000 stamped written application showing language combination
- A copy of birth certificate not older than 6 months
- Certificate of non conviction not more than 3 months
- 4 recent passport size photographs
- Certified true copy of first degree or its equivalent
- Transcripts of First degree or its equivalent
- Attestation of presentation of original certificates
- A money order to the amount of FCFA 20,000 for registration fees directed to ASTI paid at BICEC Buea account No 98394442001-07
- An authorization to sit the exams for civil servants obtained from the Ministry of Public Service.
- Consent from the employer (for employees)
- Self-addressed large envelope stamped with FCFA 250
Incomplete documents will be rejected.
Subjects to be tested
- 1st Conversation with jury (Coef 1); 1 hr
- 2nd Sight translation B-A, A-B (Coef 1); 1hr
- 3rd Consecutive interpretation (B-A and A-B) (Coef 2); 2hrs
- 4th Simultaneous interpretation (B-A and A-B) (Coef 2); 2hrs
Candidates should report in front examination halls an hour early with their valid identity cards or passports.